Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fast Paced Friday!

Now that Bea's birthday cakes are in the oven and I'm back from my CLEP test I can finally take a few minutes to post my blog entry for today.  

I took the Principles of Marketing CLEP this morning and passed!  I only needed a 510 but scored a 65 (80 is the highest possible score).  This makes 4 CLEP's that I've successfully passed and 15 college credits earned!  (One test was 6 credits)  I SO wish I took CLEP's sooner, I could've saved so much $!  Truthfully I was scared to go in and pay the $85 and then fail the test.  Gotta love hindsight....sigh.  I've been using Instacert to study for the CLEP's and it has been so worth the monthly fee, as I've only had to pay and use it for 2 months for the 4 tests.  So if your a college student seriously consider taking a CLEP, once you get past the nerves of the first one it's easy.  After passing the first one it makes you want to take more, so go ahead take the plunge and try it!  

While I often miss living in Iceland after hearing about the earthquake yesterday I'm thankful I'm not there now.  We've been to Selfoss, where the epicenter was and have also been to Vestmannaeyjum (Westmann Islands) and I can clearly pictures the rock walls where the stones were falling from...how scary!  I am NOT a fan of natural disasters and am dreading moving back to AL because of all the tornadoes that have been tearing up the States!  Especially since they had that bad one not to long ago in Prattville, ugh!!

Bea informed me today that she was expecting balloons for her birthday.  I asked her why and she said because I had gotten balloons for my birthday (Thanks Poppie & Omah!) so after my CLEP I ran to the BX and bought her some.  She'll be surprised when I pick her up from school to find them here.  She wants to have dinner at Burger King tonight (of all places!) and then we'll come back here for cake with friends.

Well I'm off to tackle my Gazillion and one things to get done...I'll post B-day pics tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 30, 2008 at 9:10 AM , Blogger The Spahn Family said...

Congrts on passing your test!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home