Thursday, June 26, 2008

Misawa Snow Festival

The first year we moved here (2006) we went to the local Misawa snow festival, for the past 2 years due to crazy weather and little snow there has been no Misawa snow festival.  So it's a good thing we went the 1st year or we would've never got to experience it.  It was a bit chilly but we all bundled up and headed out.  They had lots of huge snow sculptures and their love of American cartoons could be seen, we seen snow sculptures of SpongeBob and Chicken Little.  They also had a snow hill made for sledding, organized snowball fights, food and that night a live performance by Power Rangers followed by fireworks.  The Power Ranger thing was a little hokey and not our style but the kids enjoyed it.  

The boys with Chicken Little sculpture
Us and the boys, Bea is sleeping in her stroller :)
Sponge Bob and the boys...notice the peace sign?
Mr. B and Bubby with a sculpture...and these are little compared to the Sapporo sculptures!
Mr. B and Bea sledding down the run
Bubby and Bea (who just woke up) with the Chicken Little sculpture



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 27, 2008 at 6:30 AM , Blogger CanCan said...

If it helps, one thing I read that has been guiding my packing is a list I found about de-cluttering your life. This lady came up with a plan for how many pieces of clothing a child really "needs". That is how I decided on 7 pairs of shorts. My list is a little more paired down than hers, because there is no "winter" in Laos, but I could try to find it and email it to you if you want. Also don't under estimate the wonderfulness of yard sales when you get back here. I'm trying to take notes on what we are leaving behind so that when we come back to the states I can feel better about selling off our stuff (esp. toys and kids clothes) in Laos.
I would think as a military family you have more baggage leeway than I do though?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home