Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tabi Japanese Split Toe Socks

I was asked about the Japanese Tabi Split Toe socks.  These are made so that the big toe and the smaller toes are separated so that they can be worn with sandals.  I see these worn all the time by participants in the Japanese parades and festivals.  A lot of times they are even walked in (without sandals) for the whole length of the parade.  I've included some pictures I happened to catch of them in use.  I've also linked some other sites with information above. 

They were worn and walked in for the duration of the parade by these guys
Worn with sandals and walked in the parade by these girls
Used by these dancers

post signature

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 1:44 AM , Blogger The Spahn Family said...

LOL! I have learned more about Japanese culture from reading your blog than I ever would have gotten from a book! I love how in the first picture they make sure their feet are covered with socks, but their booties are not covered!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home