Friday, September 26, 2008

Taiko Drums

Taiko Drums play a huge part in Japanese culture!  These can be found at almost any parade and festival.  Kids start playing them at an early age.  They sound amazing!  

I wish I knew how to put a audio clip in this post so you could hear them!  If you use Napster you can always search for them on there to hear what they sound like.  

They even have Taiko drums in the arcades here!  We thought they were so fun we bought 2 sets for our PS2 so we can compete against each other.  Mr. B and I have a fun time trying to beat each other and the kids, but my arms are sure sore by the time we're done!  I would take a picture but they are packed up and on a boat to AL!

So heads up all you Alabamians we can have some Takio drums fun soon!

Bea on the Taiko Drum in an arcade in the Shimoda Mall
Kids playing Taiko drums at Japan Day

post signature

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home