Friday, December 19, 2008

Serving the Community

gifts Pictures, Images and Photos

I had such a great time serving the community last Saturday with our church.  We had tables outside of the local Walmart and we wrapped people's Christmas gifts for free!  We weren't even taking donations and people were surprised we would not take their money and that it REALLY was free!  

It was so funny to watch people come out of Walmart and try to avoid the table thinking that we wanted something (donations, ect).  I mean think about it, I know I have often tried to avoid those who are trying to solicit me for something as I enter a store.  Imagine their utter surprise when they realized there were truly NO strings attached?!  It was such a great feeling to give knowing that we were doing it only to help others!

I look forward to helping out next year and helping with other free events throughout the year.

post signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home