Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Read Like You've Never Read Before!

Wow!  So now I can see why most Graduate students only take 1 class at a time, check out my reading load for my next 2 classes:

Yep, your correct that is 9 (NINE) book, 1 DVD, Plus online PowerPoint presentations to view, all in 8 weeks time frame!  Even for me who LOVES to read, I think this will be a challenge.  And it's not like you get to just 'read' them you have to write 4+ page summaries, ect... 

Initially I decided to double up so I could be done by Dec 2009.  The first 2 classes were okay together even despite Bill's surgery and injury which added new tasks to my life during the courses.  I think the worst part was making myself get motivated to write the Two 20 page papers for the final week, one for each class!  

Now I'm starting to wonder if finishing by Dec 2009 is such a big deal after all?  I guess we'll see how these next 2 go and if not I can space them out a bit, but I really don't want to do that! 

So much for "Spring Break" looks like I'll be starting tomorrow to get ahead in the classes since they really start Monday the 16th.  

I know I've been bad blogging lately but hey if you were dealing with all this craziness you would be too ;)  I hope to get some pics of the kids on here soon during their Spring Break, which by the way we have 2 of!  Since the kids are in 2 different schools we have 2 different Spring Breaks!  

Until Next Time....


2 Comments:

At March 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Ansleykg said...

Hi there! I stumbled across your blog when I was looking up some info on Japan. We are a navy family living stationed at Atsugi Base in Japan. Your blog has lots of helpful info that I really appreciate!! Looks like you enjoyed your time in Japan, we are loving it and we've only been here 3 months.
I see your reading list and all of those books look very interesting...I was wondering what are you studying? Are you doing it online? I am considering returning to school myself...

 
At March 14, 2009 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Mrs. B said...

Hi! Glad the blog has been helpful besides being able to update friends and family I also hoped that it would be able to help others, espeically military families :) We LOVED our time in Japan and would return in a heartbeat, we'll see what's in store for us after this tour...
As for my schooling I'm getting a Masters in Human Services specializing in Family & Marriage. I do it all online with Liberty University. I just completed my BS in Psychology with Liberty in Sept 2008, and right now I just started my MA in Jan and am doubling up (taking 2 classes at a time) to be done by Dec 2009.
I hope this information was helpful and feel free to ask more questions if needed! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home