Monday, May 11, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things....


I had a great Mother's Day yesterday spent with my family and friends.  The kids had drew me pictures all over the driveway/street with sidewalk chalk paint and gave me cards and gifts in the morning.  We then headed to church.  After church we went out to eat lunch with some friends.  It was an interesting lunch trying to say our order before the waiter ran away...Mr. B paused for a moment and the guy took off like there was a fire in his pants!  Needless to say getting refills for the drinks was almost impossible, it would've required running after the waiter numerous times.  I can see it was and unforgettable experience!

This morning Bea got up and told me she had found the card she had made for me at school (another one she gave me 1 yesterday) she said it was under her pillow...

So I read it and I started cracking up!! I had to run in and show it to Mr. B before he left for work!  It was a card and inside was a sheet where her teacher had asked her questions and filled them in this is what it said, Bea's in Red:

My mom's name is Laurie
She is 29 years old and has blue-green eyes and brown-black hair.  
Her favorite food is mashed potatoes and gravy.
I love my mom because she fed me when I was blind.
Happy Mother's Day!

Mashed potatoes huh?  And brown-black hair?  But the part that really got me was when she said she love me because I fed her when she was blind!  OMG!  That girl is a riot!  Yes, I did feed her in the car while she was 'blind' because she couldn't see, but 1 that's my job to take care of my babies, right? and 2 I had no idea she was coherent enough to remember the ride home!  I love that girl!  

Hope you had a great Mother's Day and your memories are as precious as mine!

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always know you are a Idaho girl when mashed taters is your favorite food ! ! I know for fathers day she will say Mr. B's favorite food is mashed tater pie !

 
At May 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is to stinkin' funny!!!!

Christy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home