Monday, April 26, 2010

Giving Myself A Hand...


for doing one of the dumbest things possible....ugh!

Yes, I know it's been a LONG while since I've blogged, but in my defense things have been very crazy here...including a sick child with a mysterious illness and countless other things that would keep me here for hours trying to list them all...that have left me trying to ride out the roller coaster of life without getting thrown off! I am so thankful that He is bigger than all of this!!

Ok, back to my 'dumb' moment....have you ever had one of those moments where you do something and as your doing it your screaming inside your head "DUMB, DUMB, DUMB! That was the DUMBEST thing you could've done!!!" Sadly to say I had one of those moments tonight.

I was making dinner for us, spaghetti and I had bought some dinner rolls to heat up in the oven. So I pre-heated the gas oven...which now after 2 months is finally working (but that's an even longer story!). And I get the water on the stove to boil. The oven pre-heats for at least 20 mins as I'm doing other stuff to get dinner ready. Then I go to get out a cookie sheet from the drawer under the oven...you know where we always keep them. And since it's been a LONG time since I've had a gas oven and a few months since it's even worked properly I didn't even think twice about reaching into the drawer to grab the cookie sheet....

Imagine my horror as I realize that the cookie sheet feels like it's literally on fire and my inside voice starts screaming the "Dumb" mantra above while my outside voice is saying "Snap, Snap,that's HOT, Snap!" Yes, Disney shows can apparently rub off on parents too! As I hastily throw the pan onto the stove I wonder if it's possible that I could've have singed my finger prints off, cuz it sure feels like they've been singed OFF! Thankfully despite this dumb moment there is no pain but instead a vague tingling of numbness and a mental scar that will last a lifetime.

There appears to be no visible damage despite the slick fingers that feel as though the fingerprints have melted away...and truthfully I'm too

So note to all those Gas Oven owners, if you store pans in the drawer under the oven make sure to get the pan out BEFORE pre-heating the oven...well unless your trying to get rid of your fingerprints ;p


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home