Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photography - Shutter Speed & Motion

This assignment I was to use the shutter speed to express a sense of motion or speed, either by blurring or freezing, or somewhere in between.

I ended up choosing a 'frozen' shot and this time got a unique subject, a juggler from Frontier days!  The funny part was when he kept messing up and dropping them he would apologize to me, I mean I wasn't expecting him to be perfect or anything, LOL, so I  have no idea why he kept apologizing.

Here is the photo I submitted for my assignment:

Frontier Juggler 
The only suggestion from my teacher was possibly not having the tents in the background, I personally rather like them there, see like I said it's VERY subjective

Here are some of the other juggler shots:

As you can see I was having some glare issues from this angle


Blurring motion 

And even before I started 'formal' training I was using the DIY method of teaching myself how to use this method:

Waterfall in Iceland
The above photo was taken long before I got my 'good' camera and was taken with a point and shoot camera
Water
I love the shape the water formed in this photo!

Dandelion seeds
This photo was taken in Japan

Fireworks
Fireworks put on by Misawa AB, Japan

Hachinoe Coastline
My favorite wave picture from Japan

Little Miss T
I love how her hair is flying in the wind




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home