Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs

Since the first re-upholstery project with the bar stools went so well we decided to tackle the dining room chairs.

Actually it wasn't much of an option...the chairs had light striped fabric that was horrible at showing stains and spots and it was just too much to try to keep clean.  Especially since we'll be leading a small group at our home this semester, I just don't have an hour a week to clean the darn chair seats...and even then some still looked sketchy.

Redoing the dining room chairs was much easier than the round bar stool seats.  I was even able to do them by myself (well Mr. B did unscrew them from the seat and screw them back on).  My hand was sure sore from the staple gun by the time I got done though!  Don't think I'll be doing another project for awhile ;)

The old ugly and hard to up-keep chairs:


These babies will be a snap to wipe down as needed, no more ugly stain spots!