Thursday, August 7, 2008

Japanese Kokeshi Dolls

I think the one souvenirs that almost everyone leaves Japan with is a Kokeshi doll, and I've even seen some leave with LOTS of them.  We're leaving with 2 and newer style one and a scroll one, I'd like to get 1 more before we leave....an vintage/antique or 'real' one.  The scroll ones have been nice for us Americans as I've seen them used at many going away parties where the friends and co-workers of the person leaving sign the scroll for them.  We've also sent several Kokeshi dolls back to family as gifts.  They are one of those 'give it while you can' kind of gifts.   I've added  2 linked sites for those interested in reading/learning more about Kokshi dolls.

Newer style Kokeshi doll
Scroll Kokeshi doll



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2008 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I too have seen many for going away gifts but I prefer the newer ones. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home