Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

We have a couple of traditions that we do on Christmas Eve, in addition to Boo's birthday.  We normally celebrate his birthday during the day and around dinner we transition to Christmas Eve starting with our Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup we make each year for dinner.

After eating the yummy soup we let our kids open 2 presents, these are 2 presents specifically for Christmas Eve, as every year they get an ornament and a pair of Pjs.  We write their names and year on the ornament and when they move out and start a family we'll be able to send the ornaments with them.  

As for the PJs for the last several years I've enjoyed getting family matching PJs from The Children's Place but this year was the end of that.  Mr. B and I were only wearing the PJs once, Christmas Eve, although the kids did wear theirs a lot.  Plus with Boo getting older I didn't want to get something that would embarrass him.  I ended up getting an ADORABLE Disney Princess nightgown from The Disney Store online for Bea and Little Ms. T, while I shopped at Old Navy for the rest of us.  I got the boys matching flannel pants but different shirts, then I picked out PJs for Mr. B and I that we would continue to wear.  After opening them I got the stamp of approval from both Mr. B and the boys so it looks like Old Navy will be my new source of PJs for Christmas Eve.

Truthfully the ornaments were almost forgotten this year with the whole move and everything going on but amazingly enough I happened to stumble onto a super sale and some cute ornaments a week before the event and the problem was solved!  I normally buy these after Christmas on sale and save them for next year if I can. 

Here are pics of the ornaments:


Bea and Mr. B, her's is an angel that was too cute to pass up

Bubby & Boo showing off thier super cool Hedgehog ornaments!

post signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home