Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goodies Galore!

After our trip to IHOP on Thanksgiving, I decided it was time to get down to business and head to the kitchen to whip up some goodies! In generally I'm not the type who 'enjoys' making lots of goodies, normally this is Mr. B's favorite contribution to the holiday season. This year the kids and I dove in head first and had lots of fun, and many messes ;) It was worth the 4+ hours spent in the kitchen. We made Monster cookies, toffee (bet this shocked the socks off Mr. B!), and chocolate covered pretzels. And I even took some pictures along the way!

Bea with the ingredients getting ready to make some goodies
Bea and I, see I'm all decked out...apron and all ;)
Boo & Bea stirring the monster cookies, this is NOT an easy task as you can see from Boo's expression. I had to call him down to help stir as it was 9 cups of oatmeal with lots of peanut butter, then we had to mix in M&M's & chocolate chips! It was quite the workout. And YES I did require the assistance of Boo when I was trying halve the recipe...it was quite tricky at times, LOL
Our first Monster Cookies fresh off the cooling rack
Toffee on the stove, see I used the candy thermometer and everything!
Bubby & Bea working hard making chocolate covered pretzels, this is always a messy project but the kids love it!
Some of the chocolate covered pretzels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home