Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photography - Creating Distance with Depth of Field

For this assignment I had to use a great depth of field to create a feeling of distance.  I really struggled with what subject to use for this assignment, and finally decided upon using the museum items that is literally across from my backyard.


While probably not super 'exciting' I felt confident that it would be 'unique' from the normal stuff my instructor gets :)

This was the photo I chose to send:

The idea was to have something in the foreground to help emphasize the depth of field.

While my instructor enjoyed this photo her suggestion was that I could've added a person in the photo to and an extra element, had I actually thought about that during the shoot I could've sent Mr. B up to read the plaque by the plate.  Unfortunately I was much too focused on getting the shot 'done' and sent in to move forward with the next unit.

The others I considered:

I didn't like the large shadow across the front of this photo


Again shadow issue and the car in the background annoys me, LOL!


And some previous photos from before:

Japan's replica of the Statue of Liberty 

Seagull Island
Yes, indeed this is an 'adventureous' trek.  Omah had to use an umbrella for good measure and Poppie his hood!  The rest of us ran and made it through successfully without getting hit with a 'surprise'

Old Fort on the Tanahasi coastline in Japan

Another view of the Tanahasi coast

Downtown Prattville, Al


Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous Omah said...

You're doing an amazing job with your photography. Love seeing the progression. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home