Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Subbing & Ants = Pesky problems

Yesterday was my first day of subbing for the 2011-2012 school year.  I was with 17 Kindergartner's all day, it went well BUT I forgot just how worn out subbing can make me!  I was so exhausted when I was done and I had a headache by noon.  Hopefully next week's 2 days with first graders won't be so exhausting.

After work I took Bub to get a new haircut, football practice has begun and it was getting long.  It's much shorter now but still looks cute.  Should be a bit easier to smash his head into the helmet now :)



Then after getting home it was time to battle the ant invasion we have going on.  They are attacking the laundry room, where we pen Mac during the day when we are not home.  I just can't stand the thought of them crawling on him...gives me the creeps, LOL.

I found they were coming in the back door in the dining room and marching to the laundry room, so I took care of that area and cleaned all the ants up.  Then I found they were coming in the laundry room window.  When Boo went to get his shirt for school from the rack by the window, he found ants crawling all up and down the arms of it!  CREEPY!! I filled in the cracks where they were coming in and cleaned them up.  Then I found they were coming in by the dryer vent....seriously this is insane!  We've lived here over a year and never had a problem like this but then again the house is on the down slide again and we all know 'good' things happen in groups, ugh.  I cleaned that area up and hopefully have it down to a dull roar until the bug guys can get here on Friday (provided by the base for free, but they aren't necessarily the best at getting the job done).  Then we'll call in the real bug guy when I get back from my trip.

Wham, and then like a quick kick in a the teeth, tables are turned and the situation changes.  I just got a call from the school saying that basically the secretary from last year (who passed away a few weeks ago) must have forgot to renew my subbing package and I'm no longer on the payroll.  As a bonus I won't get paid for working yesterday and won't be able to sub next week.  I have to re-do ALL the paperwork (and it's a HUGE process) and then wait the 6-8 weeks before subbing.  Gee, that sounds like so much fun...why didn't I think of it?  Seriously annoyed right now!!!  Trying to find the silver lining I guess I can say that I'm glad we found this out after one day of subbing as I'd be way beyond annoyed if we hadn't found it out until after I'd done the two more days next week!

I am SO glad I'm headed to TX for a much needed break, can't wait to get outta AL for awhile!  Something has gotta give...and soon...I just pray it's not my sanity ;p



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home