Thursday, July 10, 2008

Misawa City Indoor Swimming Pool

Let me preface this story by saying that Wed I decided to do something crazy and go run 2 miles with Mr. B...it about killed me but I did it.  When I woke up Thurs morn (yesterday) I was SOOO sore, but I still decided to run another 2 miles with Mr. B.  Needless to say I could hardly walk and was hobbling around all day using the kids for support, LOL!  So we picked an activity for today that would be easy on my legs.  We've been enjoying lots of family time with Mr. B on leave (off work) all week.  

Yesterday we decided to venture out and check out the Misawa City Indoor Swimming pool.  The main reason we've been here for almost 3 years and haven't gone is because swim caps are required, and this is an odd thing to us Americans.  So we ventured out to the 100 Yen store and got us all swim caps, Mr. B & Bubby have navy, Bea and I have white and Boo has black from a previous visit to the pool with a friend.  And truthfully the swim cap (they are material not the plastic I was picturing) weren't that bad once you got over looking like a freak...but hey if everyone else looks like a freak, why not join in?  LOL  The pool ended up being tons of fun and I wish we had tried it earlier!  They had a great slide and Bea was even able to do down it by herself, go under the water and pop up to neck level water...she did so great!  Bubby, who doesn't like getting his face wet, did awesome with the slide wearing his googles.  They are all becoming little fish.  I had decided to buy a new bathing suit to go to the pool because I had been told that the Japanese frown on 2 piece suits.  We were all taking turns going down the slide when the boys started going down head first, I thought it looked like fun so I decided to try it out.  And it was fun!  But on the 3rd time down I hit the water so hard it knocked my swim cap off and Bill was pointing at me so I turned around to grab Bea and help her (thinking that's what he was talking about) then he kept pointing (he was over in the hot tub area) and I thought he was showing me where my swim cap was so I turn around and am looking for it, when I finally realize what he's pointing at I'm horrified to discover my new bathing suit had let me down, literally, I was flashing the pool area!  Thankfully my saving grace was that at the time it was only our family, a guy in another pool swimming laps and the life guard in the area.  I've always wondered how people can tell those funny stories and never have known their top was down...and now I can truly empathize!  I had NO idea!  So lesson learned, if you've got a new swimsuit on it's best not to test it's limits by going down head first on the slide!  I swear I thought Mr. B was going to give himself a heart attack laughing so hard.  And yes I did get back on the slide...just not head first ;)    
Bea modeling her swim cap
Side view

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2008 at 4:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I'm sorry to hear about the peep show. I'm sorry but I almost fell of my seat from laughing but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time.

I'm so proud of you with your 2 mile runs. Keep it up and you'll be Ms. Fitness before you head back to the States.

P.S.
You forgot to mention the part where they make Americans get out of the pool so the kids and adults can do their aerobics exercise. Try using that tactic at a pool park in the states and a paying American will just laugh and swim with a Big Mac in one hand. I know I would =)

Thanks for the laughs. I enjoyed your post

 
At February 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Anonymous military caps said...

I am very glad to see such information which I was searching for a long time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home