Monday, February 22, 2010

Overcoming Obstacles

Don't ya just love moving into a new house and finding all the new obstacles to overcome to successfully live there? Despite living amongst the chaos of unpacking I have also encountered several other obstacles, which I have taken pictures of for y'all...why you ask...in truth so I'll have something to blog about today, LOL! ;p

Dinner tonite, made despite all the obstacles of the 'new to us' house
Clock/Timer on the stove, I pray each time it will successfully go off without burning our food! I need to buy a counter top one soon just to make sure.
Our jacket up window, see the tilt and misplaced screen? Which by the way is only open because Bea burnt the snot out of a golf ball sized piece of pizza in the microwave! I mean it literally burnt through the Styrofoam plate and stunk up the whole house. Thankfully (I guess) the fire alarm didn't go off...so it either wasn't that bad or they don't work....humm guess I'd better check that one out...
Our refrigerator opens on the left side, so you have to step into the living room to get items out and bring back into kitchen after door is shut..yes, this can be annoying but the biggest obstacle is that the door does not want to stay shut! It pops open all the time, especially when you close the freezer or don't push it shut tight! Maintaince came out today and has no idea why it's doing that as the gasket is fine...they'll come back in a few days and figure it out or give me a new one...gotta love it!
The washer/dryer hook up is also backwards here, so now the dryer is on left and washer on right, probably not that big of a deal with top loading but with front loading it can be tricky...
It can be quite the feat to wrangle the wet clothes over the 2 doors and into the dryer, I tell you this should be an Olympic sport!

And despite having to overcome these obstacles I am so thankful for all that we are provided as I realize that we are very blessed and it could be MUCH worse...I'll spare y'all the bug-like maggots in the cabinet story ;)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home