Monday, August 29, 2011

Warrior Wives Weekend!

Wow, what a weekend!  I left Thursday for Dallas, TX for the Warrior Wives weekend at Women of Faith, and I got home yesterday.  It was an awesome weekend filled with many amazing women.  While I knew that I was going to get to hang out with Christy after almost 3 years, the rest of the experience was amazing as well, so everything else was just the cherry on top!

This weekend was monumental for several reasons.  I was united with a great friend after several years, it was my first time EVER away from the kids & Mr. B, it was my first Women of Faith conference, and it was my first trip where I literally had no idea what to expect and didn't care...I just went and knew I was supposed to be there.

Me at the hotel, sending this pic back home for Bea who texted from Mr. B's phone that she loves me so much!


Truthfully it was odd at the airport, I'm normally the one dropping Mr. B off and sending him on his way to where ever he happens to be going at the time, this time I was the one leaving.  I was a bit nervous at first but since it was a direct flight it was pretty hard for me to mess anything up.  And even on the way home having to transfer in NC I was able to successfully do so in the 20 minutes provided.  It was so great to walk through the exit at the Alabama terminal into the arms of my waiting kids and hubby.  Sure they 'hopefully' missed me but they survived and I did not worry about them while I was gone, it was a freeing to know that I can take a trip and everyone survives back home.

View from the plane ride to TX, I'm always amazed by God's creation!
While the Women of Faith conference was great the heart of the experience was the time learning and sharing with the other Warrior Wives, that was the highlight of the trip.

Christy & I outside the American Airlines Arena


At the conference my top 2 speakers were Patsy Clairmont and Andy Andrews, they were so relevant and real...it just spoke to me.  Andy Andrews lives in Orange Beach, AL so I thought that was interesting as well!

Patsy Clairmont



Women packed the arena all the way up to the top seating, it was amazing when everyone was singing the worship songs!
I feel like there is so much to say and express about the trip and yet other things that only those who were there would 'get' so I'll have to work on several more posts with more info about the trip.  On a side note we got to drive over the area where JFK was shot, so it turned out to be a bit of a historical visit as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home