Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hiding Out

Yep, that's Bea!  She was under the blanket at one of Bub's football games so she could see her itouch since it was so bright out.  The cheerleaders got a kick out of it and were laughing at her tactics :)

You ever have a day you want to just 'hide out' you know crawl right back under the covers and stay there all day?  I think today may be that day for us....

It all started yesterday evening.  Bea was being a bit grumpy after school and after dinner on the ride out to pick up Boo from football practice she said she wasn't feeling well.  At one point I even pulled over in front of Boo's school because she thought she might be sick.  Luckily for Boo it was at that point he remembered that he had Chemistry homework and he was able to run back in and grab it.  Thankfully it was a false alarm and we continued on home.

At home I got her ready for bed and let her snuggle with me in my bed, something that is a treat on Fridays and Saturdays not school nights...but you know when kids aren't feeling well they just want to snuggle up with their mamas :)  She feel asleep quickly and all was well so I decided to go take a bath and read while I was waiting for Mr. B to come up and watch our show.

I had been in the bath about 10 minutes when I heard a sound that no mama wants to hear...one of your child puking...on the wrong side of the bathroom door!  I quickly jumped from the tub and threw open the door and not only had she puked but it was everywhere!!  I yelled down the stairs that I needed Mr. B right away!

He ran up and found a mess!  The mattress, sheets, comforter, pillows, and carpet had been hit.  She just missed my purse by an inch!  Even the side of the mattress was victim.  She was literally covered herself!  This was crazy because we haven't had issues like this for years since the kids are all now big enough to run to the bathroom.  Unfortunately for me she got caught up in the pillows/blankets and couldn't find the 'barf bowl' and I was in the bathroom, ugh!

We spent at least an hour getting it all cleaned up and even after shampooing the carpet twice it still had a funky smell.  Desperate for a solution I googled 'how to get puke smell out of carpet' and to my delight there were many responses, LOL!  I used the prescribed baking soda and thankfully this morning all traces of smell have vanished, I LOVE the Internet!!!


So now today Bea & I are hunkering down and settling in for a day of snuggling and the food network, oh how she loves to watch the food network when she's home sick! And even I don't mind a 'forced' day off to spend time snuggling ;)

On another note at football yesterday Boo managed to jam one of his fingers pretty good and of course it was on his recovering hand.  So now he's got a big fat finger, I have no idea why he seems to insist on having at least one body part out of commission! 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home