Monday, October 3, 2011

Taste of the River Region 2011



Last night Mr. B & I had the opportunity to attend the 2011 Taste of the River Region.  We were given the tickets by a friend so we decided to go try it out.

First and foremost this was stepping way outside the boundaries for me ;)  I'm much more of an in introvert and Mr. B is the extrovert in our family.  Since I knew it would be something that he'd enjoy and be a impromptu date nite for the both of us I decided to step outside my 'comfort' zone and throw caution to the wind and go.

Did I mention that I'm not a fan of crowds?  And boy oh boy did it get crowded!  Thankfully the tickets were VIP tickets so we got in before the mass of people and were able to get food and seats before the never ending line formed around the room 

It actually turned out to be a neat experience.  We were able to sample tasty cuisine from over 35 local vendors!  It was a great way to try new foods as I always hate to order something new at the restaurant because I hate to pay $10+ and not like something.  I even got to finally try hummus...I've been wanting to try it for awhile but you know how it goes...not waiting to buy something and not like it...LOL!  I found that I really enjoyed it!  Mr. B even gave it a taste and found that it was good.

This was at least plate number 5...by then I was really lacking in room for much else 


Our favorites ended up being grilled chicken nachos and a really tasty chicken from Longhorns...I mean who would've even guessed that Longhorns would have such a yummy chicken?!  And I was delighted to find the water provided for the meal was a large bottle of Icelandic water...straight out of Selfoss!  This was so entertaining because we lived in Iceland for 2 years and have been to Selfoss.  I asked Mr. B what he though the statistics of people in the room drinking the water had actually been to Iceland...we concluded that we were probably the minority.  Just the smile at remembering Iceland and our time there was a hit for me :)

Iceland will always hold a special place in my heart



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home