Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts: Seeing Life from a Broken Perspective Book Review




Ever wonder how despite all our brokenness how God can see us as beautiful and good?  This book explains how people are just like stained glass windows, broken and rough around the edges, needing to be smoothed and a 'fit' into a beautiful picture, which God does for us.  He takes something broken (us) and makes it into something new and amazing!

I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.  I love Patsy's style of writing that draws you and makes you feel at home with her in her little cabin listening to the birds sing.  Her stories are entertaining and easy to relate to which helped to provide a good foundation for the supporting Bible verses.  I also enjoyed the Art Gallery at the end of each chapter where she added info about music, museums, art, and such that related to the chapter's topic.  Patsy comes across as real, a person who know she has flaws and who is truly appreciative of God's redeeming grace. This was the first book I've read by her and I am looking forward to reading more! 


Booksneeze has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review, all opinions are my own.



To all my Warrior Wives friends, this is a must read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home