Monday, August 29, 2011

Love You More Book Review



Love You More: The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter by Jennifer Grant









This book is the personal journey of Jennifer Grant who adopts her child, Mia, from Guatemala. Things did not always go as planned or expected and Jennifer, one who likes to make things happen immediately, learned that waiting on God is not always easy.  Jennifer shares about the trials, tribulations, and most importantly the triumphs of the adoption process and how families come in many shapes and sizes.

Having never experienced an adoption this book provided great insight into the process, both the procedural and personal side.  I found this book engaging and easy to read, the only part that I struggled with was the history of Guatemala, while I'm sure it is important to her since that is where her daughter is from, it left me hoping the chapter would soon end and get back to the 'good' stuff.  Overall I'd recommend this book as a good read, especially if your interested in a personal glimpse inside the adoption process.  Also included at the end of the book are resources for prospective adoptive parents (if that is something your leaning towards) as well as discussion questions.  

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review, all opinions are my own.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home