Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alabama State Fair 2011

I really meant to blog this morning...I did!  But as life would have it, it's one of 'those' days.  I have 2 kids home not feeling well...I think it may be a case of 'Fairitis' LOL!  Both Bea & Boo's stomachs were not feeling well last night, and when I picked Boo up from practice he had a sore throat.  Fast forward to this morning and Bea is now fine, Bubby his yelling from stomach pains, and Boo can't even swallow anything other than water without severe pain and it feeling like it's stuck!

I gave Boo some meds and he attempted to go to school, that ended at 10:38 am when he called and said it was getting worse, so I went to get him and he has an appt. at 3 pm today.  I mean why can't the kid have 'normal' stuff happen...who has problems where you can't swallow because it feels like it gets stuck?  It's also very painful when he hiccups...hoping we'll get some answers and relief this afternoon.  It's weird to see him not eating because he's ALWAYS eating something to keep up with all the calories they burn off in football..he was able to eat some yogurt and some gummies but that's it.  The biscuit he tried at school during break about did him in on the pain scale...which to me is crazy because he has such a HIGH pain tolerance...so it does make me a bit concerned.

Needless to say I'm just getting around to working on the blog.  We went to the Alabama State Fair yesterday...it was our first time since we've been back here the past 3 years (YES it will be 3 years at the end of this month!!) we went when we were here before when Boo was small, but I remember it being much cheaper then ;)

Really it can't even compare to what I'm used to with the Western Idaho State Fair, but the kids had a great time and that's all that matters.  I didn't take my 'good' camera because I knew it was supposed to rain so I took the point & shoot, which was fine but with the weather being overcast the ISO was so low that any hand shake resulted in some blur...next time I'll pack the big one and a big trash bag for weather protection ;)


Our first stop was to the livestock barns as my kids, especially Bubby love animals of all sorts


Baby Potbellied pigs that were just too cute!

View down the food vendors lane

A stop at the petting zoo is a must, this goat could not wait to get some yummy treats

Boo feeding a calf

Mr. B was in charge of dividing up the food, the goats were patiently waiting

Bea feeding the Llama

Walter the water buffalo sure gave Boo a good licking...maybe he has 'Oxitis' today, LOL!

Bubby giving a baby goat some love.  One downside to the petting zoo was that I had to alert the lady attendant that one of the sheep in the pen was dead.  It was lying right where all the others were standing and they kept stepping on it's face and it didn't move...good indicator that something was wrong.  Oh joy to experience the circle of life at the petting zoo

Bea waiting for Mr. B to get the wristbands for the rides

Boo determined not to smile in my photos yesterday

Bubby waiting near the fairway

Tons of people at the ticket booths

Sporting his wristband

It was hilarious to watch all 3 kiddos on this ride


Bea being flung around in circles by the arm power of her brothers, LOL!

Her face when the ride kept dropping was priceless!

Not too sure about this ride...and afterwards wasn't anymore sure of it either

Bea asked to go on this, we had been on one at Busch Gardens...as soon as it got going I knew she was regretting it

Thankfully Boo stepped up into the big brother role and wrapped his arm around her and let her lean onto him and cry...awww

This was the ride that Boo smacked his head into the pole...see he can't even go to the fair without getting hurt, I'm not crazy people, he's a walking time bomb I tell ya!! LOL

Boo's must ride, not so sure he thought it was a good idea after it was over since he'd just about knocked himself out on the previous ride

Bubby playing one of 'those' games on the way out...I tried to tell him they rig them so you can't win easily...but he had to try it to believe it ;)


All in all we had a fun time but I'm not sure it's worth the $$ every year..maybe a once in awhile treat...although I wouldn't' be sad if we weren't here next year to even have to think about it ;p  Also I didn't like that you couldn't re-enter after you exited...just another way for them to make some extra $$ I guess.  We're glad we took the kids as the fair was always something I looked forward to as a kid but really it was a take it or leave it kinda thing, so now at least they can't say we never took them LOL!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home