Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Picky Palates Solution

We have a few family members with picky palates...and really it's often more of a 'texture' issue.  And by 'texture' issues I mean chunks...chunks of food in sauces ect just don't go over well here...and I'm not talking about with the kids ;p

So I've learned to be creative in meal planning over the years!  And don't laugh but I have been known to strain weird things...like the mushrooms out of cream of mushroom soup or 'chunks' out of spaghetti sauce.  And I only do it because I love Mr. B so much :)  And really if he doesn't 'know' it's in there (ie mushrooms pureed in cream of mushroom soup) he's good because he doesn't mind the flavors so much as the actual 'chunks' LOL

Normally when a recipe calls for 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken I just choose to be 'lazy' and not strain the mushrooms out and use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.  Or choose a spaghetti sauce that does not have chunks!  Now thankfully to the creative ideas on Pinterest I have an easier solution to blend up the ingredients using the blender base & a mason jar!

I decided to take pics today...I know I'm a nut ;p

Blender with mason jar

You have to use the small mouth jars

I've never been able to use Ro-Tel due to the chunks, I solved that problem today!

Ro-Tel in the jar

Put the base on with the jar right side up

Jar on blender

Purifying in action!

Chunks no more

Way different from how it came in the can

Smooth puree of Ro-Tel over the chicken and cheese




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home