Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spray Painting Candlesticks!

Once again I've been compelled to try a project from Pinterest, LOL!  The problem was that in order to do the project I needed candlesticks...so I set out for the local thrift store and scored some.  But I hit a snag when I could only find 2 that I liked and one that I could not use as it was.  I called a friend and asked her to google if I could spray paint it...and sure enough I could!  So here is my candlestick spray painting project:

I started off with this candlestick that I bought for $1 at the thrift store

When my friend was researching spray painting candlesticks she found that most people were recommending Krylon Fusion, so I went with the recommendations and bought a brown Krylon Fusion with a textured shimmer for a unique look.

I gave the ceramic candlestick a few coats and this is what I ended up with:

Viola!  A brand new candlestick!  Now every time I'm in thrift stores I look at candlesticks differently knowing that I can make them be whatever color I want them to be and those of us on Pinterest know there are tons of candlestick projects, LOL!

And what did I do with this and the others...that project tomorrow :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home