Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wooden Photo Frames



Some of my crafty Pinterest friends wanted to make Wooden Photo Frames for teacher gifts for Christmas. We have 1 male teacher so I wasn't sure about the idea but I decided to give it a go :) Basically they were taking a block of wood painting/distressing it and then putting a photo on it with pushpins/nails and a burlap bow, I was not feeling male teacher with that idea ;)  Not having a photo of an idea, just a description from my friend I decided to put my own spin on it and LOVE the results!


 I started with a 'naked' piece of 8x10 in wood and mini 2 in clothespin


 Then I stained both the wood & clothespin with 2 coats of pecan stain, sorry this photo gives it a weird look but my 'good' camera was charging for a photo shoot later today :)  I have been wanting to stain 'something' for awhile, I was quite surprised by how easy it was!



Naked wood with the stained wood, coloring is a bit off in this one

 I then remembered that I've seen some really cute stuff online with twine...so I decided to add some to mine.  I nailed it onto the side with a tiny nail that Mr. B had in a 'nail bucket' in the garage :)  Then I printed a photo I made, and clipped it to the diagonal twine and Viola!  Project done!  I love that the teachers will be able to easily change out the photo as desired.  I had thought about gluing the clothespin but this provides much more flexibility 



Loving it!  Not sure what I'll do yet for the 2 female teachers but I still have a bit of time to work on it ;) 


1 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Anonymous Wooden Photo Frame said...

Wooden Picture frames are being used a lot from a very long time as these are the best choice to keep the photo stored into them to keep them in a good position for a long time. These are easily available and are cost effective as well. There are a lot of wooden frame manufacturers throughout the world providing a very wide range of frames. These are used a lot because these are available in a very wide range of sizes, colors, designs, etc. These frames go with every kind of interior and so that can be used for multiple purposes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home