Friday, November 11, 2011

Family Dinner Night Game



I've always believed that it's important to sit down as a family and eat together, during the kids football season we don't get as many nights as I'd like, but now that it's over we'll be back to 5 nights a week!

Last year around Christmas time I was shopping in Hallmark and ran across this game:


I bought it and we started to play it at dinner...of course with our own modifications :)  Each person would take a turn drawing a stick and then the other 4 would try to guess how that person would answer.  It turned out to be fun and something the kids looked forward to every night.  But then we ran out of questions and started to repeat the same ones over and over and over, and it just wasn't as fun anymore.

When I was on Pinterest (I know when am I not, right?) I found this awesome blog called How Does She and one of the posts was on how to make a homemade Family Dinner Night Questions game!

So I quickly printed out the provided questions onto colored paper and cut them into strips.  I removed some of the questions to fit out how we play the game.  She suggests that the parents take a question out and read it but our kids love having everyone get to choose and read a question.  I threw them in a mason jar and added and ribbon and it's ready to play!



After we run out of these I'm going to have the kids each submit 40 questions so we can keep the fun rolling along :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home