Thursday, December 8, 2011

Photographing a Group....

when you are part of the group, LOL!!

I learned a few things about taking a group photo over Thanksgiving this year :)

We wanted to do a large group picture because it was the first time we've all been there together in a LONG time....what do I mean by long?  We'll it's been at least 10 years since we've been back for Thanksgiving!  Living overseas and deployments have prevented it until this year.  Since I've been working on my photography Mr. B volunteered me, my camera, and tripod to take the photo!  Nothing like trial by fire, huh?!

First groups are quite interesting to get 'posed' especially when dealing with family and the opinions of many ;)  We did manage to get it figured out, so that's always a plus.

Second while the remote for the camera is a great idea, it apparently has a shorter range than needed.  After getting a few photos with my back from trying to get close, press the remote, and run, I decided it was time to move to the self timer method.  Sure I still had to run but I had much more time and was able to pop in before the photo when off.

Third I REALLY want a new lens, while I was able to get by with this one and the lighting I'd really be happier if I had a new lens for conditions like those.

And finally here are the photos:



All of us including PawPaw, 4 generations in this photo!


Grandparents with all the grand kids, I have no idea what Boo is looking at...there has always got to be one....LOL!!


All home at the same time!



Mr. B's sister and & family


Mr. B's older brother and his family


Our family, yup Bubby is being Bubby again.  Also learned that Mr. B is quite cranky about taking photos when he's trying to get the turkey ready...we only got this one shot


Siblings!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home