Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wooden Pumpkins


Earlier this week I got together with some friends for a 'Pinterest' party where we made these super cute pumpkins!  And of course I had to take my camera with me to document the process :)  Also I highly recommend having a Pinterest party it was so much fun!


Here they are cut with the divots (I guess that's what they are called, LOL!) in them ready to be painted.  Luckily my friend was able to have her dad help her cut the wood and put in the lines in them.  She was then able to manhandle them with the belt sander to sand down all the edges :)


Pumpkins & stems (There were 4 of us so we needed 4 sets)


I painted my pumpkins with this lovely Terra Cotta color, love how it turned out


First coat on


Second coat on


Pumpkins & stems drying


Then we glued the stems on with super strength glue and left them to dry overnight...


I picked mine up the next day and brought them home and tied on the twine. Right now they are happily 'resting' in front of my Japanese glass fishing floats until I can find them a permanent location :)

Again this was another Pinterest project that we all decided we just 'had' to do :)  





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home