Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Am Second Book Review



I Am Second.  Real Stories. Changing Lives.  By Doug Bender & Save Sterrett.

Do you ever wonder how Christians found their faith, especially those who found God later in life?  Have you read powerful stories of sinners at their worst saved by the grace of God?  This book is just that…stories of people lost and seeking to fill a void, one that is ultimately filled by finding Jesus.  And not only that there are stories form some high profile people like Brian Welch from Korn, and NFL athlete Sam Bradford to name few.  Spending a few minutes reading each story allows you to connect with each person and learn how they discovered God and are living a life in second place with God being first.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.  I always find it encouraging to read stories of how others found their faith and about real people overcoming real problems.  Another great aspect about this book is that it is 'interactive' with each story is also a video that can be seen on the website, you can go to the website to view it or just scan the barcode with your phone!  Plus at the end of each story is additional people with video links that you can view.  I was surprised to find that two of my favorite WAY-FM personalities were also in the book Wally & Brant Hanson (formerly of WAY-FM).  I think the videos are great because they can be shared with others and will help to reach even those who are not readers.  I am thankful that all of these people had the courage to share their stories and impact others lives!

Booksneeze has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review, all opinions are my own.  





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home