Monday, March 5, 2012

Rainy Day Saturday Turns Global

Saturday we had Bea's Basketball team party at the bowling alley.  It was fun and Mr. B (who was the coach with Boo helping some) ended up having the #1 Championship team.  The Championship games were intense and ended up being nail biters but we won :)  




One of the neat things about being here is that the base has an International School were military members from other countries come to school for a year.  This basketball season we had a boy and his family from Turkey on our team.  After the game the dad really wanted us to come to an International day with him at a nearby hanger so we decided to give it a try.  

It turned out to be amazing.  There were booths from MANY countries with free food to sample from them all!  We started at the Turkey booth at his request :) and was given a plate full of foods to try.  While despite my intense love of living/traveling overseas I'm really not the most adventurous eater, but I do know that by NOT trying it I could offend them...so I dug in and tried it...and thankfully most of it was good!  

I didn't have my camera on me but thankfully I had my phone!
Mr. B & Bea are the foodies of the family and were eagerly sampling the offerings from each booth, even Bub was branching out and trying some different things.  My favorite was the chicken from Egypt.  We tasted treats from Turkey, Bangladesh, Australia, Egypt, and Philippines to name a few.  


 They are having another one in a few weeks and I plan to go back with a good camera!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home