Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vulcan Park Trip

On Monday we decided to take advantage of everyone being off for the day and headed up to Birmingham for the day, we headed to check out Vulcan Park & Museum


It has a neat little museum and an observation tower to get a 360 degree view of Birmingham, it would be neat to go back up at night to take photos. 


Front view, which was before I asked Bubby to take the date off his camera.  Why was I using his camera?  Well I had charged my battery the night before and that morning packed everything in my bag ready to use my new lens, we get to Vulcan park and I realize that I left my battery at home, which as now FAR away!  Ugh!! Thankfully Bubby had his point & shoot so I was able to take some pictures anyways, sigh


The floor entrance to the museum, you can see the whole map of the local area


Bea with a downtown background


Boo taking his turn


Mr. B & I


This is the wall when you wall into the museum, I LOVE it!


Close up view of one of the squares of the wall


Replica of the Vulcan statue


One of the Top 10 things to do here is to take your photo with the giant foot...so we just had too :)





After a quick stop at the gift shop where I got an awesome book (another post later about that!) we headed to the elevator to go up to the observation deck...the stairs were being refinished otherwise it would've been neat to walk up them


 The tower is pretty high, it says that it's 124 feet on the website, as you can see Bea was a little less than thrilled to be up here!  But she wasn't as bad as Mr. B or Bubby.  Bubby would NOT leave the wall by the elevator and Mr. B....


Well he had a death grip on the rail & wall and only made it to the elevator, he's not a fan of heights.  I don't think it helped that the floor was a grate that you could see through!  Bea overcame her fear and was able to walk around the whole top with me while I took photos.  Fearless Boo was running & jumping around scaring Bub & Mr. B, LOL!


View from the top


Zoomed in a little


Looking down at the museum


Mr. B glad to be on the elevator down!! Still with a death grip on the rail, LOL!!


Crazy family pose by the stair entrance, I loved the doors.  I have NO idea why Boo is behind the iron part...


That was really Mr. B's tower of terror, guess we won't be doing the Amazing Race anytime soon...although that would be REALLY fun :D


Bea rolling down the grassy hill.  

After that we hit a few more neat places...but that will have to be for another post as this one already has lots of photos





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home