Friday, March 9, 2012

Crockpot Freezer Meals



I am LOVING cooking with my crockpot!  Ever since I stumbled upon the blog A Year of Slow Cooking over a year ago it has changed our lives!  

Sure I knew you could cook a roast, ribs or a whole chicken in the crockpot before that site but now our variety has greatly increased!  I love using it so much that we normally use it for meals 1-2 times a week.

And of course when I stumbled upon Crockpot freezer meals on Pinterest I could hardly believe my luck, and even EASIER way to use the crockpot?!?!  I couldn't wait to try it out!

So after a trip to the commissary I kept out the items to freeze for 2 Crockpot Freezer meals...and I was even more surprised when I found that it only took 5 mins to throw them together to freeze...that's my kinda cooking!

I made BBQ Chicken & Teriyaki Chicken, of course adapted for our peculiar likes/dislikes :)

I started with 2 gallon sized Ziploc bags and wrote the name of each meal on the bag with a Sharpie.  For the BBQ chicken I threw in 4 chicken breasts (already frozen so no prep needed, yipee!), a largely cut onion (so I can dig out all the pieces before we eat it) and 1 large bottle of BBQ sauce.  Sealed it and threw in freezer...too easy I tell ya!  For the Teriyaki Chicken I put in 3 chicken breasts (also already frozen), 1 can of pineapple chunks (undrained), large cuts of red onion, 2 chopped garlic cloves (I used the already chopped ones in a jar), and 1 cup of teriyaki sauce.

Now all I need to do is throw them in the crockpot when needed and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, I'm loving it!  

Since I go shopping for groceries/meals every 2 weeks I think I'm going to start doing this after every trip that way I'll have 4-5 meals in the freezer ready to go until the next shopping trip!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home