Wednesday, August 13, 2008

College Graduate!

Praise God!  I finished my last test in my LAST class and am now a college graduate from Liberty University with a BS in Psychology!  It has been an amazing 2 1/2 years and while I've loved the experience, I'm glad to have it finally completed!  It feels so weird to get up this morning and not have any homework looming overhead.  Mr. B and the kids brought me home a yummy cake from a Japanese bakery after VBS last night.

I did feel as though I was being tested yesterday evening during my test as to how much I had really learned to cope with issues during a test! Mr. B had decided to take the kids to VBS/dinner at the church so I could stay here and finish my test. Right as I was sitting down to take the test I hear someone at the door, and it's Boo looking for Mr. B's wallet.  So off they go (again!) and then I'm about to click the go button and the phone rings, so I answer it and it's the father of Boo's friend who Mr. B was dropping off.  He was wanting to know if he was in the right spot since Mr. B was late (having to return from the wallet and all).  So after I reassure him that Mr. B is on the way I am FINALLY able to start my test.

I get the test started and literally get 30 minutes in and about halfway through (I only have 1 hour and 10 mins) and I hear the door again!  This time it's Mr. B himself and he has misplaced his Id card, this is a huge issue in the military, he couldn't even go off base to get the kids to VBS because he wouldn't be able to get back on.  So I can NOT stop my test and keep going while he's loudly searching around, then he gets on the phone to call a co-worker to see if it's at work.  The downside is that the phone is literally at my feet and I'm trying to stay concentrated on my test!  He's telling me just to worry about my test....Ha Ha you try taking a timed test with someone talking in your ear!  Thankfully he was only on the phone about 5 mins and ended up finding his ID card and heading to VBS.

Then about 10 mins before I'm done with my test the phone rings, I normally don't answer during a test but since I knew there had already been some issues (Id, ect) I answered in case Mr. B was needing me to come get him.  He just wanted to know what I wanted for dinner....and I was thinking "Dinner!?"  I'm 10 minutes from finishing my test and can't think about dinner or waste time on it!  So I told him nothing and got off to finish the test.  

I was SO nervous that all of that would've affected my test score as these tests are not the easiest I've ever took, but thankfully it didn't and I did really well!  Whoo hoo that means that I'm graduating with a 3.9 GPA!

Now I can focus on getting stuff ready for the move and decide about a Master's program as Mr. B thinks I'll be stir crazy in about a month...and I think he might be right ;)     

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2008 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aurie. Very, very proud of you and your accomplishments. Love, Dad

 
At August 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay--I'm so proud of you.

Your focus and perserverance has truly inspired me.

Hope to see you at the finish line someday too =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home