Saturday, August 16, 2008

Following by Faith, Alabama Move


This weekend as we start preparing our house for the packers coming on Wed. I'm left trying not to worry about housing/school issues as it draws nearer.  I think this weekend with my college degree being finished and the actual motions of getting things ready has made it REAL that we are leaving in 6 1/2 weeks!  I have been doing a good job of staying stress/anxiety free and leaving it all in God's hands since I was so busy with school work.  Today I'm finding it a bit more difficult as I feel the anxiety trying to creep in.  I just can't fathom the idea of arriving in AL and having 7 days to find a house, where we are literally forced to choose something because the kids need to get back in school!  I so wish this move was during the summer.  I know that God is faithful and will provide, it is just often hard to remember that when trying to plan for the future and something that is out of our control.

As I was surfing the internet (can you imagine me not?! LOL) I ran across something fascinating.  It was a quick Bible study/lesson on Following an Unseen Path as soon as I seen the title I knew it was for me.  I was struck by the verse they provided:
"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.  By faith he made his home in the Promised Land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob who were heirs with him of the same promise.  For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God."        
Hebrews 11:8-10

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1

With all these thoughts floating around it made me wonder who were we when we left AL 5 years ago and who are we today?  I found this family pic (I know not the best) of us shortly before we headed to Iceland and this recent one of us taken last year.  It's amazing to see how we have all physically changed and what's more amazing is the personal growth that can't be seen in a picture.  AL was an interesting experience the 1st time around, I can't even imagine what is in store for us this time!  I will move forward with faith as my guide.  

This was taken 10 wks before we moved (2003)
   
Taken last year (2007) 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! You'll have to post pictures when you get ready to leave Alabama again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home