Monday, November 24, 2008

Assembly Fun...or Not!


I had forgotten how 'fun' things can be when assembling projects.  We've already assembled several items like shelves, 3 bar stools, and a computer chair but today's took the cake!

I bought a nice metal shoe rack/bench/ coat rack from a Home Decor store online because we don't wear shoes in the house and I didn't want to use the tacky blue rack from Japan.  So I found a bargain (surprise, surprise) and had it delivered...oh the joys of being able to use FedEx again!

I arrived today while I was picking up the kids from school and when I got back I found my sister already starting to assemble it.  So I check the kids school work and jumped in on the 'fun'.  This consisted of trying to assemble the crazy wire racks that didn't want to match up screw holes and it also included disassembling it several times!  

Finally 2 hours later and a few loose bolts I said to heck with it and left it for Mr. B to finish!  This has got to be one of the WORST project as the instructions were JUNK!  They guy who wrote them should be FIRED!  On top of that it resulted in several injuries such as scratches and bruises!  This will NOT be going with us on our next move as I will NOT put it together again.  If you ever see one of these on sale RUN the other way...there is a reason it's on sale!

Ok just had to vent, I'm so sick of it I don't even want to look at it right now let alone use it!  Guess I'd better hurry up and cover it in coats so I don't have to see it!

I've included a picture of the 'fun' project.


post signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home