Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brought To You By the Letter H



Lately I've been fascinated with the letter H, I don't know if it's just something that has sparked my fancy lately or if it's growing on me because down here in the South people seem to be obsessed with letters, monograms, and all that stuff!

I had a scrap piece of wood that is 11 3/4 in tall by 9 in wide and a jigsaw that I was chomping at the bit to use, so I decided to cut me a wooden H 


Ooops I started cutting before I remembered to get the camera....here is my piece of wood held to the table with a vise


Using the vintage jigsaw to cut out my letter H


Both sides cut out


I beat it with a hammer and screwdriver and then finished staining it with my dark walnut stain


My H's on display


Close up where you can see the distressing on the wood where I banged it up




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home