Sunday, August 5, 2012

By Faith, Not By Sight: The Inspirational Story of a Blind Prodigy, a Life-Threatening Illness, & an Unexpected Gift by Scott MacIntyre


Have you ever wondered how hard it would be to be successful in the music world?  Now imagine doing it blind and with a life threatening illness, not any easy feat.  Yet despite the many trials that Scott faces he remains triumphant in the lessons that God has shown him along his journey.  An amazing story of how family, passion, and faith can lead you to accomplish things bigger than you've ever dreamed.

I’ll be honest I didn’t even know who Scott MacIntyre was before I read this book, I’m obviously not an American Idol fan.  I found this book to be very interesting because it is about his real life struggles and successes.  I’m amazed at how courageous he is and that despite his blindness and illness he has remained confident that God would allow him to use his ability to touch the lives of others.  While I am not personally a fan of Scott’s music that did not diminish the ability of his story to keep me interested to find out what happened next.  He takes us on a journey with him as he discovers his unique ability to the play the piano and to live an inspiring life despite the disadvantages of being blind.  Even during his darkest hours he remains true to the word of God and faithful to the future that he knows that God has planned ahead for him.  
BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review, all opinions are my own.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home