Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Pumpkin

Another Pinterest project completed, LOL!  I've still got a good list of things I want to do yet...SOO addicted to that site!

I made this awesome book pumpkin:


It was super easy....WAY easier than the book letter!  I think I'm gonna get a few smaller (aka shorter) paperbacks and make 2 more smaller sized ones, this one is pretty good sized!


All I did was take a thrift store book and remove the cover...hence why it was so much easier than the letter.  Then I  made a 'template' and traced it onto the book (I have it open in the picture but I only used it folded so I could have used just 1 piece of paper)


I traced and cut the pages with scissors until it was all finished.  Then I went out back and found a stick on the ground to use as the stem.  I hot glued the stick in and the pages around and fanned them out.  Then I sprayed it with light touch of orange spray paint and tied a ribbon on it!


And yes I'm obsessed with books ;p

I also learned a few nifty things about spray paint today with this and another project...I being the dork that I am should always wear gloves...otherwise I'll end up with painted sticky hands that the paint will NOT wash off but will come off on everything I touch!  Thankfully Google came to the rescue and I was able to get the paint off my hands using acetone nail polish remover and lots of elbow grease!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home