Friday, August 31, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Truthfully I have NO idea!  

Bea & Mr. B planted a garden in June and it's gone wild!  I have no idea how she's managed to keep the plants alive, let alone get them to bear fruit/veggies.  And yes I mean, HER.  I am NOT a gardener, I mean heck I can't even keep a house plant alive so this most definitely been her success.  


Freshly planted! June 13th, 2012

Bea was SO excited to have her own garden

Mr. B & Bea

This was the first jalapeno, it was already growing on the plant when they planted it. Bea was SO excited about it that she decided to give it to Mr. B for Father's Day and tied it to a postcard :)


Starting to see some growth! June 24th, 2012


Baby jalapeno!  


Baby bell pepper, this was on plant when the planted it, but we never got to use it.  It started to turn red and then turned black and died, and NO I did not touch it, thank you very much!


Starting to get wild! Aug 15th, 2012


Baby watermelon!


Outta control, LOL! Aug 31st, 2012


Bell pepper almost ready to eat!  When I took these pics I noticed holes in the leaves, looks like something has been eating the leaves...although I have NO idea what you do about that...LOL


Jalapeno party in session, she has 3 that are getting closes to plucking.


Watermelon, is now the size of a cantaloupe, she's excited to eat it soon.


And there are about 6-7 baby watermelons in this wild mess, I can see 2 of them..can you?!

She's really anxious to see some carrots but when I checked the other day they were the size of a toothpick, so not even close to ready yet.

And that my friends is Bea's garden that is grown with nothing but water both from Bea and the rain and a whole lotta love :)



1 Comments:

At September 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM , Blogger test said...

Ciao! I just replied to your comment and had to stop over to your blog - you're headed to Aviano?! Sweet! When will you get here? Will you help me with my garden? HA! I'd love to chat more with you about Aviano and whatnot, and answer any questions you may have. :) Email me or come back to the blog - either or!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home