Monday, January 9, 2012

DIY Workbench


Finished workbench, as you can see it's sitting on Bea's driveway canvas for her chalk art ;)


We recently bought a miter saw from a friend and I've been chomping at the bit to put it to good use with all the amazing Pinterest projects out there, but first I really needed a workbench for it :)

Our new saw to make MANY projects with 


This weekend Mr. B decided to make me a workbench, and it was able to knock it out in no time.  I pretty much stood around handing him screws and provided moral support.  I also got a tutorial on how to use the saw...which will be handy for some up coming projects, I won't have to wait for Mr. B to cut the wood!

We got free plans from this awesome site where there are tons of plans for all kinds of projects, I have my eye on a few others!

We did have to make a few adjustments.  Mr. B bought the wood listed on the shopping list and ended up with extra 2x4's.  Also the cut list was missing some cuts and the 12" cuts should've been 16" luckily with the extra wood we were able to fix the issues.  Overall it was a good plan for a VERY sturdy & heavy workbench!  I look forward to putting it to good use!


In the garage with the saw in place.  Mr. B even mounted a power strip for the electrical cords, a hook to hold the electrical cords and a pencil holder that I made from an old shampoo bottle!

Now I'm ready to make some projects! 



1 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Danyalle Friday said...

My kinda girl!! Looks great. Can't wait to see what you make on your own. I am a sucker for power tools and you better believe I know how to use every single one of them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home