Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY Decorative Planter Centerpiece




I seen this super cute planter on this blog awhile back and wanted to make it, well a smaller version of it! 

The one on the blog was 4 feet long but I wanted to use it for my newly refinished cabinet so I needed it to be only 1 1/2 feet long.


I started with some scraps of 2x4 and a 2x6x4 whiteboard that I cut for the sides, and the saw worked great!  It was my first 'self' project using it.


I nailed it all together


The 'shanty' looking ends


I stained it and let it dry, then I added the upholstery tacks on the side for a decorative look



I bought some triangle shaped bottles and stem  of red flowers from Hobby Lobby, I even 'refinished' the owl....but another post about him later :)


Planter on the cabinet


Loving the red flowers


LOVE the outcome!  It was super easy and pretty quick to make!  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home