Monday, January 23, 2012

Thumbtack Decor



Yep, that's right, you can make decor with thumbtacks and it's so very fun & addicting!

Of course as always I seen the idea on Pinterest from this blog and HAD to try it!  

I ran out and grabbed several boxes of thumb tacks (300 count for $1 at the Dollar Store) and a 6 pk of 3" Styrofoam balls from Hobby Lobby and I got to work!

I started with 3 boxes of silver thinking I'd only need 150 for each ball, instead I needed 300 per ball and had to have a friend get me three more boxes and they only had gold...which really didn't matter since I'd be spray painting them anyways.


I made a line around the ball with the tacks


Then I started filling in, trying to not leave large spaces


Finished gold one


Close up


Gold & Silver, while I do LOVE the silver ones, I'm not so keen on the gold ones...just not a big fan of gold in general


I didn't have any bamboo skewers so I made my own 'post' by shaving down some bamboo chopsticks, worked like a charm!


Spray painted with Valspar Gloss Tropical Oasis & the green below is Valspar Satin Leafy Rise


I decided on 2 of each color


Finished!


Funny enough they even happen to go with the decor on my Tibetan trunk!


Crafting craziness going on around here for sure!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home